Sunday 13 March 2011

Week #10 of my NEW52 life ...

Oh my goodness, what a CRAZY busy week it's been! I swear I only blinked and already another week has flown by. Does anyone else yearn for the l-o-n-g drawn out days you used to have when you were a child? Minutes felt like hours, hours like days, days like weeks and so on and so forth. Six weeks off school during summer felt more like six months!

So what's changed? Why is the pace of life sooooo much faster now-a-days? Well you know what? I don't think it is any faster. What has changed though, is the way I now fill my days. When I was a child, I had nothing to occupy my time other than school and playing with friends. As I've grow older, it's not that time itself has become any quicker, it's just that I now have LOTS of things to do that occupy my time. Things like working, runing a home, shopping, cooking, cleaning, blogging, web-browsing and of course digi-scrapping.

There are still 60 minutes in each hour, 24 hours in every day and 7 days in a week. But now those 60 minutes, 24 hours and 7 days etc are occupied with the tasks that I once took for granted as a child (like cooking, cleaning and shopping).

So what's NEW about any of this you may ask? Well, only really the appreciation that time is still the same speed it was when I was younger. Time doesn't go any faster now. It's just that I've got more things to do. Things that I need to get better at "time managing" (horrible office speak but you kwim, don't you?) if I'm ever going to get the most out of this NEW52 adventure I'm on.

2 comments:

Helen said...

yes .... I tell my kids to enjoy every minute of it.

The hard thing is prioritising I find Sue with ALL the MANY things we have to do.

What must come first and what gets forgotten?

listgirl said...

Yay for the appreciation of time! To me, life does seem to go much faster now than earlier in life. That was part of the reason that I'm doing New 52, because supposedly doing new things tricks the brain into thinking time is going by more slowly! :)