Thursday 4 November 2010

Trust is a rare and beautiful thing ...

It may sound like an odd title for my post, but please indulge me and I'll explain. You see it all relates to this LO ...

click here for credits

Well actually, the flower I'm wearing in the photo of my LO to be more precise. Here's a closer look ...

It's beautiful isn't it? And it's hand crafted too!

It's creator is a wonderfully talented designer called Vikki Lafford. She's the creative force behind Liliia (www.liliia.co.uk) and she makes the most gorgeous bespoke dresses and one-of-a-kind accessories ... just like my flower.

Not only is Vikki a fabulous designer, but she's an incredibly generous and TRUSTING individual too. You see, last Saturday she was displaying and selling her creations at a craft fair in my home town of Abingdon (Oxfordshire, not Maryland that is!). I happened to be browsing her wares and immediately fell in love with a couple of pieces, including the flower above. The colours were so rich, the beads so beautifully arranged ... I just had to buy it! But there was one slight hitch ... I didn't have enough cash in my purse and unfortunately there were no facilities to use my "flexible friend" (I'm showing my age now, aren't I?!?!).

Now, I'd never met Vikki before and she had every right to say "Sorry - no money, no goods!" ... but she didn't ... instead she said "Go ahead, take it and post a cheque to me when you get home". Seriously? Wow! Such generosity. Such faith. Such trust. Well needless to say, I posted the cheque and a thank you card straight away. But I've been thinking about her gesture ever since, and so I wanted to say it once again ... "Thank you Vikki" ... I wish there were more honest, generous and trusting folk like you in the world ... it would be a lovelier and very much prettier place if there were!

3 comments:

Helen said...

wow .. lovely brooch and even better story. TFS Sue!

neat freak said...

don't often get time to visit blogs but as I have a coffee break I thought I'd just quickly check out what's happening in your world and this is a great post, love the brooch and that story is heart warming.

Leiko said...

i love it. the story. the brooch. the message. sigh.